San Juan County Parks Refunds for Park Closures: Natural disasters and public health measures may impact our campground services. Should a reduction in service require us to cancel your reservation, a refund will be processed, less the non-refundable reservation fee. All refunds are processed through our Administrative Office within 60 days from the dates of your stay and a refund receipt will be sent to you via email once complete.
Thank you for making your reservation with San Juan County Parks! Here are a few items to help make your arrival and stay more enjoyable at the Fairgrounds. Scroll down for Group Camp info.
RV camping fee includes up to 5 people and one RV (includes 1 tow or towed vehicle). Pay for additional people (8 people MAX) and/or vehicle/vessel/trailer at campground. Click here for a complete list of fees.
- Vehicle/R.V. size limits: "RVs" include: motor-homes, pull-behind trailers, and camper vans. Your designated site starts from your reserved pedestal and to the left. Maximum vehicle length in campsites is 45ft except for sites 7&8 which are approximately 30ft.
- Tent Camping: Tent camping in the RV camp area is prohibited due to zoning in the residential neighborhood. 10 Day Maximum Stay Limit within a 30 day period. Day canopies are allowed but guests must sleep in recreation vehicles.
- Amenity Access: Electrical (20&30 AMP plug-ins) and water hook-ups are included in site fees. Sewage hook-up is not available within the San Juan County Fairgrounds nor Parks . Prior to your ferry travel, please dispose of all waster properly and fill your water tanks, as resources here are limited. Be prepared to travel off the island with your wastewater. As of May 21, 2022, the Town of Friday Harbor Waste Facility dump station will be permanently closed. Live the Leave No Trace policy to protect these precious island communities by "packing it in and packing it out" whenever possible. Restrooms & showers are ONLY available to designated individual RV campsites; NOT for GROUP camp. For restroom codes, check in with Parks and Fair Staff during office hours (Monday- Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm) or with the seasonal Camp Host. If arriving after business hours, please contact us ahead at 360-378-8420 or email@example.com. When staff are unavailable, our Camp Host, located in an RV beside the restrooms, may be available to assist you. Please also check your campsite mailbox.
- Campers: Persons under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult for overnight camping privileges.
- Campfires: Campfires are allowed in designated fire rings at the Fairgrounds, unless a San Juan County Burn Ban is in effect. Please visit: https://www.sanjuanco.com/1091/Fire-Risk-Burn-Permits for more info. Contained propane cook-tops are okay.
- Pets must be leashed at all times. Owners are responsible for clean-up. Owners of dangerous or disturbing animals (especially barking dogs) may be asked to remove pet(s) from the park.
You will want to visit our website at sanjuanco.com/parks to view campground maps, find directions to the campground (click "Frequently Asked Questions"), and read our park rules.
Group Camp info: Fee includes up to 50 people. Each of two group camps accommodates up to 50 people (100 maximum). Each site includes shade trees, multiple picnic tables, fire circle and shares the vault toilets and utility sink/water with second site. Hammock camping is permitted. Showers are NOT available for the Group Camp. Public, coin-operated showers are available at the Port of Friday Harbor.
Help us protect our beautiful islands! Before your arrival, we encourage you to review the "Leave no Trace" principals of outdoor ethics. Check out their website at lnt.org for more information.
Ferry Reservations: Washington State Ferries accepts advance reservations for the San Juan Island Route. For summer travel, please be sure to make a reservation. See takeaferry.com for more information.
From the San Juan County Parks and Fairgrounds Staff,
We hope you enjoy your camping experience in the San Juan Islands!
Phone: 360-378-8420 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your reservation will be considered a No Show and cancelled without a refund if you have not arrived (or cancelled) by 2:00 pm Pacific Time on the second day of your reservation. To advise us of your late arrival, please call 360-378-8420, 360-378-4310, or email email@example.com.
Partial cancellations (changes) are not permitted. To make any changes, you must cancel your existing reservation and submit a new reservation request to change arrival dates, campsites, or duration of stay.
Cancellations 30 days or greater in advance of your arrival date will incur a cancellation fee of 25% of the total camping fees.
Cancellations made within 30 days, but prior to 3 days, in advance of your arrival date will incur a cancellation fee of 50% of the total camping fees.
Within the three dates prior to your arrival date, all fees become non-refundable. To cancel before the non-refundable phase and your arrival date is a Friday, for example, you must cancel on Monday or earlier.
Your $10 reservation fee is non-refundable.
Only online reservations, or reservations made using a credit card and valid email address can be cancelled online. Please call our Administrative Office at (360) 378-8420 for assistance with other types of transactions.
No refunds issued at park.
All parties must check in upon arrival. Check-In time is 2:00 pm or later. Check-Out time is 12 noon. Charges for additional people or vehicles are due at check-in, payable by cash or check (credit cards may be accepted if park staff is available and phone connections are functioning); U.S. funds only.